Get More Info:
Garbage Collection | Recycling
The Street Department is responsible for the maintenance of all City Streets, Avenues, Alleys, City owned Parks, City owned properties, and City owned vehicles, street signs, traffic signals, storm and sanitary sewers systems.
The Street Department does not pick up garbage or recycling. For information about those services, please contact Valley Waste at (724) 843-9373.
The following services are available, but not limited to, the following:
- First week of January to the first week of February, barring weather, Christmas trees are collected. Residents must place the trees where their garbage is picked up.
- Street Sweeping season runs from the first week of April and ends the first week of November.
- Leaf Collection runs from the first week of September and ends the first week of December. Residents should place their leaves at the curb in front of their homes. There is NO set collection schedule. Please DO NOT call about piles of leaves
- Residents can call (724) 843-7191 and leave their address for the service of the following:
- For pickup of bags of yard waste
- For pickup of bags of leaves
- In need of a recycling can
- For a sewer back up
The Street Department is now a secure facility and there is no longer a public dump site on the premises.