Common Code Violations | Rental Registration | Zoning | Comprehensive Plan | MS4
The Department of Code Enforcement conducts inspections of residential and commercial properties based on observation or complaints.
Minimum standards of the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code for the protection of the health, safety and welfare of the public and the environment are enforced along with the International Property Maintenance Code.
Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (PAUCC):
- 2009 International Building Code
- 2009 International Residential Code
- 2009 International Fire Code
- 2009 International Electrical Code
- 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2009 International Plumbing Code
- 2009 International Urban-Wildland Interface Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2009 International Mechanical Code
- 2009 International Existing Building Code
The Department also administers Subdivision, Land Development and Zoning Ordinances in addition to administering all applications pertaining to land development and zoning. Department personnel are available to answer your questions and to provide assistance to residents and other applicants seeking permit information.
Reporting Code Violations
Residents who see conditions in their neighborhood that may be violations of the City code and ordinances are urged to contact the Department of Code Enforcment & Zoning.
Often the resident may find that the City is aware of the problem and action is pending. If not, an inspector will respond to the property and take appropriate action. Staff in the Department of Code Enforcement & Zoning will provide residents with the status of a condition as requested.
Confidentiality of Reports
Callers reporting possible code violations may identify themselves, but identification is not required. All concerns reported will be investigated in confidence and appropriate action taken.